You’ve made an investment into the beauty and comfort of your home. Protect that investment and extend the life of your new flooring by taking the time to maintenance it properly. Here are a few maintenance tips…
Invest in some good quality protective mats or rugs at your entryways. They will help protect your tile from premature wear. They will trap dirt and other substances that could be tracked onto your floor.
Porcelain tiles require a minimum of maintenance. Sweep thoroughly and mop with a clean damp mop.
- Read and follow label directions for all cleaners and sealers
- Do not combine ammonia and household bleaches
- Do not use harsh cleaning agents such as steel wool pads or strong acids, which can scratch or damage the surface of your tile
- Do not use a cleaning agent that contains color on unglazed tile, natural stone, or white grout, as these porous surfaces may absorb the color
- Use only non-abrasive cleaning compound or formula that is recommended for both glass and tile when cleaning glass tile
Seal your tile
To keep your tile looking like new, apply a good quality sealer. Sealers are easy to apply and relatively affordable.
- First, follow your manufacturer’s recommendations for cure time after your tile is installed.
- Next, give your tile a thorough cleaning. This may include removing any stains from your grout.
- Apply the sealer to the floor surface evenly, mop backwards towards the opening of the room, and allow the sealer to dry.
These protection tips along with regular sweeping and mopping will sustain the beauty of your tile and add lasting brilliance to your home décor.